Our new classes are scheduled to begin Tuesday, February 5, 2013!
In order to make this more affordable for all, our new prices are as follows with 3-months committment required:
$20 for a weekly (1) hour lesson in Guitar or Children's Acting or Dance
$15 for a weekly (1) hour lesson in Baton or Gymnastics or Cheer
Special Promotion: Register a friend or sibling and receive $5 off each class for as long as that person is a current student.
Calhoun County Center for the Arts is excited to offer our classes at the Jacksonville Community Center!
Calhoun County Center for the Arts is a non-profit dedicated to providing quality arts instruction to people who might otherwise never learn to sing, play an instrument or perform before an audience. In an environment that honors achievement, creativity and personal growth, Calhoun County Center for the Arts nurtures the aspirations of all students, regardless of their artistic ability or economic circumstances, while inspiring a lifelong love of the arts, no matter their eventual career path.
Availability is on a first registered basis. We will take names for a waiting list and more classes may be opened depending on demand. If you are interested in signing your child up for classes, please pre-register to let us know you are interested in our classes or to reserve a spot for your child in our 3-month semesters. You will receive a follow-up call as soon as possible to discuss possible options and availability. View our upcoming class schedule.
We are accepting new students for the following classes.
- Imagination Station (Children's Acting Workshop): Tuesday- 4:30PM-5:30PM
- All Star Cheer I: (4-7 year old) Tuesday: 4:30PM-5:30PM
- All Star Cheer II: (8 year olds and up) Tuesday: 5:30PM-6:30PM
- Beginning Guitar II: Tuesday - 5:30PM-6:30PM (Some experience required)
- FUNdamentals of Dance II (Jazz/Lyrical/Tap): (8 year olds and up) Wednesday - 4:15PM-5:15PM
- FUNdamentals of Dance I (Tap/Jazz Dance): (5-7 year olds): Wednesday - 5:15PM-6:15PM
- Tumbling/Gymnastics: (3-5 year olds): Thursday - 4:15PM-5:15PM
- Tumbling/Gymnastics: (6 year olds and up): Thursday - 5:15PM-6:15PM
- Baton: (6 year olds and up) Thursday - 4:30PM-5:30PM (some experience required)
- Baton: (6 year olds and up) Thursday - 5:30PM-6:30PM (no experience required)
- Beginning Guitar I: Thursday - 5:15PM-6:15PM (No experience required)
Please let us know if you are interested in the following classes:
- Teen Musical Theater
- Drum Lessons
- Creative Writing for Children
- Adult Theater
- Adult Guitar
- Mommy & Me Tumbling
*Please note that we must have a minimum of 5 students to open a class.
We look forward to working with you and your children in a fun and creative environment!
Calhoun County Center for the Arts was founded in October of 2011 by those who believe that music, arts and movement can provide hope and inspiration to the residents of Calhoun County, Alabama.
Calhoun County Center for the Arts offers weekly after-school music instruction (group) in guitar, dance, movement and performance activities. The Center will present recitals and performances by students at the end of each semester.
Calhoun County Center for the Arts is much more than an educational institution. It is a true community in which students find a welcoming second home, learn to work in harmony, and form close, lasting friendships.
Last Updated: 1/29/13